Whether you enjoy tried-and-true holiday fare or something a little offbeat, Seminole County theaters have you covered.
From the classic film "Miracle on 34th Street" to the "Nutcracker" ballet to "A Christmas Carol," there are plenty of heartwarming shows to put even the meanest Grinch in a holiday frame of mind.
Here are a few of the seasonal productions you can catch at local venues over the next few weekends:
– Spotlight Theatre of Central Florida is presenting a Christmas Broadway show, featuring more than a dozen performers singing songs from popular musicals. Remaining performances are at 7:30 p.m. December 9 and at 2:30 p.m. December 10 at the theater, located at Lake Minnie Plaza, 4022 South Orlando Drive in Sanford.
Tickets are $18 for adults and $15 for children and students. For details, visit SpotlightCFL.org or call 407-542-4526.
– Winter Springs Performing Arts at The Stage is presenting "A Christmas Carol The Musical." The full-length show adds music to the well-known tale of Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
The production runs December 8-17 at the theater, located in the shopping complex at 1425 Tuskawilla Road in Winter Springs. Performances are at 7:00 p.m. December 8, 9, 14, 15, and 16, and at 2:00 p.m. December 10 and 17.
Tickets are $14. For details, visit WinterSpringsArts.org or call 407-359-5309.
– Ballet Fedotov and the Russian Academy of Ballet Alafaya will present "The Nutcracker" at 2:00 p.m. December 9. The dancers will bring to life the beloved story of young Clara, who dreams of a Nutcracker prince and his battle against the Mouse King. Tickets are $23 to $28.
– Gromalot Theatre Factory will present its original comedy "Sleigh!" at 7:30 p.m. December 15 and at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.December 16. The family-friendly show, which is performed without words, is an amusing look at the trials and tribulations of the hectic holiday season. Tickets are $18 to $22.
– Phantasmagoria, a Victorian performance troupe, will bring audiences its original adaptation of "A Christmas Carol -- A Ghost Story of Christmas" at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. December 23. The critically acclaimed theatrical troupe will add its unique combination of movement, dance, puppetry, music, and storytelling to this classic tale of redemption. Tickets are $18 and $22.
The Wayne Densch theater is at 201 South Magnolia Avenue in downtown Sanford. For tickets or show details, visit WDPAC.com or call 407-321-8111.
Want More Information?